- Child Ages 4+
River Pirates: Let the kids be pirates for a day and storm the shores of the gentle Columbia River! Our crazy captain (an actor) has you and your little ones giggling while certified guides row the raft. The experience lasts about 2 hours: 10-minute bus ride, 5-minute walk to Moses Creek Falls, and 1 hour on the river. Little pirates get bandannas and face-painting, plus the props: foam sword, velvet bag of gems and gold coins, official Pirate Certificate and free photos!
Full payment is required to book all trips.
ALL REFUNDS are less a 10% administration fee.
12 or less people – 3 days
More than 12 people – 5 days
When you book, we email you a link to our digital Waiver (read here).
Everyone in your group, even kids, must sign a waiver before you arrive.
WHAT TO BRING
- Closed shoes that can get wet: water shoes, sports sandals or old runners
- Sunscreen (hot days)
- Insect repellent
- Sunglasses, a tie-on for prescription glasses
- Extra medication, EpiPen for deadly allergies
- Dry shoes for after
COOL or RAINY DAYS
- A warm layer, fleece is recommended
- Pirate bandana
- Foam Sword
- Treasure bag of coins & jewels
- Official Pirate Certificate
- Wind/water-resistant jackets
- US Coast Guard approved Type III lifejackets
- Neoprene socks & water shoes
- Available on cold days:
- Wind-resistant splash pants
- Neoprene mitts
MEET US AT: 621 Victoria Rd, Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
Street parking is available on the railroad side of Victoria Rd (directly across from our building). Large vehicles can usually be accommodated. Don’t park beside the Rafting House or in front of the other stores.
Do I have to book in advance?
- Usually. But ask! Often we have last-minute spots.
- If a trip is available online, you can book it!
What if it rains or is very cold?
- In some ways, rafting is the BEST outdoor activity to do when it is raining because you’re dressed to get wet!
- In cases of hard, sustained rain, we may cancel and refund our Columbia River trip.
Do I need to know how to swim?
- Many of our guests can’t swim and some are afraid of water.
- This is a very gentle river with no rapids.
- Our lifejackets are designed for commercial river rafting.
Can I bring my pet?
Sadly, your fur family can’t go on the river. But ask us about pet care options.
My little brother Emmett is crazy about pirates, so when Mom saw this pirate rafting trip of course we ALL had to go. But it was actually kind of fun. Don’t tell anyone I said that ‘cause I’m still teasing Emmett!
When we got there, everyone was dressed in pirate costumes. Then, we got our faces painted and put on pirate bandanas – except Emmett already had his own. But they gave him another one anyway and said he could join their crew. They made lots of jokes while we got ready. Mom said she could hear us laughing while she was signing some papers. Then they drove us to the river in this big blue bus and read this story about the ‘real’ pirates who used to drink tea all the time. Kinda weird, but anyway they said what we were looking for their lost treasure, and it had a curse on it. There was also this part about cannibal moose, and I was a little scared ‘cause I learned in school that they’re really big, but cannibals???
Even though all the pirates goofed around A LOT, it seemed like they totally knew what they were doing so I wasn’t too worried. We went to a big waterfall first, then into the boat. The Captain (who is a GIRL like me!) was singing songs and telling really bad jokes. Then the First Mate took us to shore and I thought it was over. But he had a fight with the Captain and quit. That was really weird. But then he came running back screaming! We all ran after him and found the treasure, but that First Mate tried to steal it! The Captain had to fight him with a sword this time. You should have seen Emmett – when they gave him some treasure to keep, you could tell he thought it was real. Of course, Mom said I wasn’t allowed to tell him it was fake. And then we got back in the boats, went to the end and they gave us cookies and hot chocolate! Score! I really thought it was going to be lame but it wasn’t at all! It was super fun! I’m really glad my little brother likes to be a pirate because otherwise, I wouldn’t have gotten to be a pirate too!